CoolHome - A cool launcher built for the LG Classic Flip
This is a project I've been working on for a while. It's the launcher from the Kazuna Etalk, and I modified it to be compatible with my LG Classic. I decided to show off and post a screenshot on another thread here, and people asked me to release it (of course, I wanted that to happen 🙂). So here it is.
This is a pre-release of the project. Not yet stable. Still has bugs.
- Changed app name to CoolHome
- Changed launcher intents from the HomeActivity to the intents for LG Classic Flip
- Changed KeyEvents of the top two softkeys and the 'send' (recent calls) button to the keycodes of the LG Classic Flip
- Ported the Keyevent Listener to the homeactivity so users can select apps using number keys
- Removed the use of GlobalSettings that were causing the app to crash (because third party apps may not store their settings there)
- Removed the voicemail notifications which could not be accessed by a third party app (and therefore the app wouldn't launch
- Changed App Icons
There are still a few missing parts which I hope to update in the future
As mentioned, this app is a modified version of the Kazuna Etalk Launcher, so I don't have access to the source code. However, I will upload the decompiled Smali [here](https://) in the future as a way for users to track changes as they come through. I am unsure whether or not I will upload the Java used to add features in this app (I probably will if someone requests it).
Contributions are welcomed!
Installation and Usage:
You must install this app with ADB using the -g flag (I also added -r which will be useful for future updates):
adb install -g -r CoolHome-v1.10.apk
To set it as the default Home App, run:
adb shell cmd package set-home-activity com.android.cts.wy.f1home/com.wy.f1home.activity.KeyguardActivity
This app relies on Apps4Flip Launcher for the Apps button. If you don't have Apps4Flip launcher the apps button wont work.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Kazuna and Wy for the home app
- [Login to see the link] for some original launcher modifications. I believe he removed a simlock notification and did some things to make the UI nicer.
- [Login to see the link] for helping me out with some smali questions I had
If your name belongs in this section please remind me!
(Version 1.10) [Login to see the link]
[Login to see the link]