I've been on the forum for a pretty long time, although I got too busy to post for a while. I've been meaning to post a set of rules/tips for new users for a while, but this thread reminded me about it. Something like this:
Welcome to the forums, if you're a new user please read before posting.
When asking a question:
1) Look on the apps4flip site for instructions, especially if your question is related to installing apps and using adb.
2) Use the search function to search the forum to see if your question was asked already.
3a) If your question is addressed, but you still don't understand the answer, ask a friend who is more tech savvy to help you out.
3b) If you still have a question to post, try to find a thread that it belongs in, if not, then create a new thread that's clearly titled.
4) Don't post a question more than once, it will not help it get answered faster.
5) When asking your question be as clear as you can about what exactly the problem is, including the type of phone and any error messages that you may be encountering. Don't just jot down your question in 3 misspelled incomprehensible words - if you don't take your issue seriously, you can't expect anyone else to.
6) If someone helps you out, thank them and let them know if it worked, it helps people know which solutions are helpful.
When replying to a post:
1) Make sure to read through the conversation up till that point, and that you understand what the person is asking.
2) Only reply if you have an answer, don't reply "I don't know" (unless you were asked specifically)
3) Don't reply to really old posts, unless you're sure you have new information that has not been mentioned since anywhere on the forum.
4) If you're fresh on the forum, don't just sit there replying to every post you see; what's new and exciting to you, is probably irrelevant and annoying to everyone else.
It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the forum and get a feel of how to ask a question and what a typical conversation looks like, before you start posting.